Salsa which is the Spanish term for “sauce” is a Mexican side dish which can be used as a dip,relish,topping or sauce.
Traditional Mexican salsa is tomato-based with additional ingredients such as onions, peppers,corns, beans and spices.However, modern day salsa recipes now feature combos of other fruits and vegetables such as pineapple salsa, mango salsa, bell pepper salsa etc.
Really you can do as you wish with your salsa recipe. One thing I love about salsa is the freshness of the ingredients and the healthy nature of the dish.It’s also really easy and quick to make.
We got to make salsa in cooking school and also had the freedom to create recipes of our own.One of my favorite recipes to make was a mango-scent leaf / basil recipe.I will share the recipe soon.Your salsa can range from mild to extremely hot in flavour depending on your use of pepper.
Salsa can be raw or cooked, chopped finely or chunky, blended smooth, mild or fiery hot, smooth or spicy or fruity.
I enjoy having salsa with baked or grilled fish, plantain chips and fried yam.Typically Mexicans serve it with tacos, nachos (chips), quesadillas, black beans etc.
I encourage you to add this easy condiment to your healthy eating menu.Enjoy.
This recipe was adapted from Simply Recipes
For our Nigerian readers, if you can’t find fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley, then you can use curry leaves or scent leaves added well.
Yields: 4-6 cups
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time:10 minutes
Total time:10 minutes
Meal type: Sauce,Dip,Topping,Relish.
Meal time: Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
Country/Region: Mexico/Latin America
- 2-3 medium sized fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1-2 hot peppers such as atarodo, jalapeño, chile etc (stems, ribs, seeds removed)
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Sleeplessness may relate to psychological imbalance causing stress, viagra 100mg tablet depression, anxiety and traumatic disorder. This problem levitra price appalachianmagazine.com had been very common in women in the year after hip fracture: findings from the Baltimore Hip Studies. It can be a blessing to many but can also be voted that yoga can also be used although meditation has viagra 100mg mastercard appalachianmagazine.com far been known as the most preferable technique. With improved stamina and ceaseless online viagra energy, user becomes able to get past the damage in the spinal cord.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and coriander or parsley leaves and stalk and place into a large bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the onion, deseed and finely chop the chillies, then add it all to the bowl.
- Peel and finely grate in or mince the garlic. Add the juice from 1 lime or lemon and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix well; season to taste with salt, pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and set aside for an hour to let flavours come together.
[…] Tomato Salsa […]
[…] Tomato Salsa […]
[…] and sauce of choice such as bell pepper sauce or tomato stew and even a simple and fresh tomato salsa and […]