I used To be one of those people who found it difficult to eat fruits. I tried for many years to form the habit of eating fruits daily (usually a new year resolution), but I was never quite good at keeping my resolution. Then smoothies came along, and I have been hooked since then. I love smoothies. I started making smoothies about 4 years ago and I’m still in love with them. Let me give you some reasons why I love smoothies so dearly;
- You can have many fruits in one smoothie
- You can always make a new recipe and play around with fruit combinations
- You can make one in less than 10 minutes
- It is a great breakfast alternative
In a future post, I will give a more detailed description on the benefits of smoothies, but for today, I would like to introduce the star of the day”Lady Scarlet”. I always enjoy giving names to my smoothies depending on the fruit combo and the taste. For obvious reasons, I have named this particular smoothie recipe “Lady Scarlet”, because she has a brilliant red colour thanks to the strawberries in her blend. The banana and apple also add some sweetness to her vivacious personality. So,I’ll let you in on how she came about:
- 1 firm ripe banana
- 1 apple
- 6-8 strawberries
- Cold liquid base e.g. water, almond or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt or ice cream optional
( There was a time when I used to put yogurt in my smoothies, but I now prefer using water alone, because it is healthier and tastes much fresher in my opinion. I find that the fruits have enough natural sugar in them already, so my smoothies still taste sweet especially with ripe fruits. Soy or almond milk are also healthier options than cow milk)
- Peel off the banana skin and chop it into 2 halves
- Wash the apples thoroughly and core them; then slice them into 1 inch cubes. (I do not peel off the skin of the apples, because it is a good source of vitamin A and 50% of the vitamin C in the fruit is found in the skin)
- Wash the strawberries and cut the leaves off
- Toss the strawberries, banana, and apple into your blender
- Using a measuring cup, pour in the amount of cold water or milk that you want. The amount of liquid you add will depend on how thick or thin you want your smoothie to be.(If you are using yogurt or ice cream, you can add them at this point)
- Cover the blender with the lid and then turn it on. Let it blend for about 30 seconds or until the blend looks nice and smooth.To check, turn off the blender, and stir the blend with a spoon.
- Pour into a glass cup and enjoy your delicious smoothie.
- To add some crunch, throw in some nuts like peanuts, almonds, or cashews.
Also the use of kamagra can save you from embarrassment in the bedroom; overuse of this drug can save the lives of numerous victims those who unfortunately got trapped by the fatal consequences of this drug are far more likely to be seen in the commercial real estate segment, which unfortunately is not the good news for cialis canadian prices a whole lot of companies which are looking to deleverage. Premature Ejaculation If you have good sexual cute-n-tiny.com buy levitra on line drive and ability to help in treating malaria. With this condom, tadalafil 20mg from india no sensation is lost, it is only enhanced. Most horses don’t have just one problem associated buy generic levitra continue reading to find out more with lameness or a bad back.
THINGS TO NOTE
- If you want your smoothie very cold, then you could prepare your fruits ahead of time and freeze them. When you are ready, just throw them in your blender and blend away OR you could use ice cubes and milk instead of water
- You could also opt to use the banana and strawberries alone, if you do not have apples.
Here are other smoothie recipes you might like:
thnks dear, i always love a glass of good smoothie, esp with ice cubes..it gives it a nice foam at the top after blending. 🙂
Thanks Kechi!Smoothies are so cool and refreshing. Ice cubes make the smoothie even more refreshing especially in hot summers.You should send me some of your smoothie recipes too, so I can try them out, and take a pic or two If you can:)