Spicy Coconut Beef Curry Sauce
By spicy I mean peppery or hot.If you are not accustomed to eating peppery food then cut down on the peppers in this recipe or you can completely omit them.The sauce still tastes good without the peppers, however I enjoy having a good spicy meal once in awhile.I must mention that this is a very healthy dish which involved NO FRYING but it tastes so good.
My husband is half Yoruba and the Yoruba people of Nigeria are known to like their dishes hot as in HOT..(in Yoruba this dish would be said to be ” O GBONA”,) so he had no problem enjoying this dish and was particularly excited when I mentioned the star ingredient in the dish as “atarodo” (Yoruba name) for scotch bonnet peppers.
This is a really simple curry sauce to make and I consider it quite healthy because there’s no frying involved here. All the oil you see in the sauce photos actually came from the beef broth and coconut milk, all natural.
You can replace the beef with chicken, lamb, or shrimps as well. This sauce is best served with plain rice and can be garnished with nuts and raisins as well.
Enjoy making it.
Serves: 6 – 8
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Meal type: Sauce
Meal time: Lunch or Dinner
Spicy Coconut Beef Curry Sauce Recipe
- 12 Medium pieces of beef, about 500 grams
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of curry
- 2 teaspoons of dry thyme
- 1 onion bulb, sliced
- 3 – 5 scotch bonnet peppers (atarodo), sliced (At least 3 peppers are needed to call this dish spicy, but you can make it without the peppers as well and it would still come out delish!)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 4 seasoning cubes ( I used Maggi cubes)
- 2 tablespoons of blended tomato puree
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
Just go ahead with Extream-X and make brand viagra prices your dreams comes true. In men, diabetes causes artery and nerve damage are also responsible for causing ED, the failure of arteries to dilate and viagra buy in usa supply blood is one of the most common factors. Why ‘poppers’? For those who still do not know, Poppers are an inhalant that is fairly purchase generic viagra http://icks.org/n/bbs/content.php?co_id=IJKS_Editorial_Advis&mcode=20&smcode=2050 easy to find in almost every physio clinic in Cavan and Monaghan. A lot of products can be seen as having penile erections at times. tadalafil tab
- Wash beef pieces and marinate with 2 seasoning cubes, 2 garlic cloves, ½ bulb of onion, 1-2 scotch bonnet peppers, and 1 teaspoon of salt for about 20 minutes.
- Bring marinated beef to boil until tender, takes about 30 minutes. Keep leftover broth aside as this would be used in the sauce.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine coconut milk, 1/2 tablespoon salt, 2 seasoning cubes, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 onion bulb slices, 2 scotch bonnet pepper slices, curry and thyme; stir properly and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Pour in the beef,left over beef broth, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. Stir & and allow the sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- If you want a thicker sauce; you can add a thickener like flour or corn starch at the end.I didn’t thicken my sauce because I liked the consistency.
- Serve with steamed rice.