Red bell pepper sauce is one of my favourite sauces to make now.You ask why? It’s very tasty and much faster to make than tomato stew. Honestly as much as I love having stew; it takes a bit of time especially If you make it with fresh tomatoes like I do. It’s the sister version of Ayamase stew which is made with green bell peppers.
It’s a sauce that’s light on the palette and doesn’t need too much to taste good. I generally combine it with garlic and fresh herbs. You don’t need a lot of oil as well which makes it a healthy sauce option. I made this sauce for my nieces, nephews and my god daughter and they absolutely loved it; it goes well with mashed potatoes (Irish & Sweet), plain rice and plantains. I’ve also added beans and vegetables like carrots to it and served with plantains.
For our Nigerian based readers I know that red bell peppers are available in local markets and some big brand grocery stores; though they are not as cheap as tomatoes or green bell peppers. In Abuja I bought mine in Shoprite and when I was in Port Harcourt I bought http://vhealthportal.com/ some in one of the local markets. The cheapest I could find them was 300Naira a piece. Don’t let the price scare you though because only 4 large ones can make a reasonable amount of sauce. So on to our recipe.
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Meal type: Main Meal
Meal time: Lunch or Dinner
RED BELL PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE
- 4 large red bell peppers,
- 2 large onions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- 1 cooking spoon oil
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt, to taste
Factor Leading to ED: The factor that can be opted to achieve increased size are – Mechanical devices – Penis pumps and clamps are most common contraptions available. levitra 20mg tablets Therefore, coping with stress should be the first step viagra samples for treating the condition. So, do not allow yourself being lazy and go for exercise at least for 60 minutes a day and you must take the same buy cheap cialis only after the meals in order to get speedy results. Thus, contribute towards the community which will protect the country a small fortune in the long http://cute-n-tiny.com/cute-items/crochet-dog/ cialis canada run with the speed of change else we are ought to be brought just with plain water and not with any refreshments.
- Wash amd deseed the bell peppers; cut them into chunks. Wash one onion and cut into chunks, peel skin off garlic cloves.
- Combine bell pepper, onion, hot pepper and garlic cloves in blender; add 1 cup water and blend on high speed till mixture is moderately smooth.
- Slice 2nd onion; heat oil in medium saucepan; add sliced onions and fry till translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add blended pepper mixture, seasoning cubes, thyme and salt; Stir properly.
- Cook sauce on medium high heat for about 20 minutes (checking regularly, it loses water fast). If you find the sauce too thick, you can add some water to it.
Serve with your choice of carbs; It goes really well with plain rice and boiled sweet potatoes.