Turkey is now a staple protein in our household diet since I’ve cut down on my red meat consumption. Turkey is a lean meat that takes well to seasoning and that’s one of the reasons I love cooking with it.
Marinating meat is a common feature in cooking school and it has rubbed off on my personal meat marinating at home.Since I had a large box of turkey pieces in my freezer; I decided to try out different marinades instead of having the same seasoning for the entire batch.
I had fresh thyme in my fridge (honestly, there’s something about fresh thyme, if you start using these beauties you won’t ever stop…thyme is a special herb, I tell you); and I also had a bag of oranges so I decided to make an orange-thyme marinade for my turkey.
The flavours were a hit and I served 2 friends who came over that afternoon for lunch; they loved it.
So if you’re willing to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, let’s get marinating!
- 10-12 turkey pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly http://vhealthportal.com/product-category/cholesterol/ squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme (remove the leaves;discard stem) or 1 teaspoon of dry thyme (If you use dry thyme, don’t blend it with the other ingredients, just add it in after blending)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper/atarodo
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A little piece of ginger
- A handful of chopped onions
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or vegetable oil
The medications in question are viagra without prescription uk usually very expensive. A boiled egg is rich in Vitamin B6 and B5, which helps in balancing your hormone level. cialis low cost Different Degrees To begin, first of all try to understand that the effects can not icks.org levitra properien only be physical but can create difficult psychological problems as well. Its function lies mainly in clearing away some heat and toxic material with the urine, interstitial cystitis is caused generally by the inflammation, then the infection cheap viagra http://icks.org/n/bbs/content.php?co_id=IJKS_Editorial_Board&mcode=20&smcode=2040 and inflammation may be eliminated through the natural way.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Left over marinade
- Wash the turkey pieces, dry and set them aside.
- In a blender, blend the orange juice, fresh thyme and other ingredients and pour into a bowl with the turkey wings.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Sear turkey pieces on high heat in a pan wirh vegetable oil. It takes about 2 mins to brown one side.
- Place browned turkey pieces in a baking tray and coat with butter or oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until completely cooked.
- In a separate pan, boil down/reduce the left over turkey marinade; then add the sugar ; add the turkey pieces and stir to coat with the reduction.
Serve warm with rice, plantains etc.
[…] Orange Thyme Turkey […]
[…] Crispy Orange Thyme Turkey OR Plantain Battered Gizzard […]