Happy November guys! Here’s the recipe to start the month with, Puff Puff:)
Puff puff is another popular and appetizing Nigerian appetizer or finger food. It looks like a small doughnut and is similar to the Nigerian buns; though it is much lighter and more oily than buns. One thing I love about puff puff is the soft and pliable texture of the balls when they are prepared perfectly. It is a favorite at parties and weddings and can be enjoyed with a cold or hot drink.Our Cameroon neighbours call it “Beignet”.
Quantity: 30-40 medium sized balls
Recipe level: Medium
Preparation time: 35mins-50mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1-1hr 30mins
Meal type: Small chop, appetizer,starter, finger food…
Meal time: Anytime
Country/Region: Nigerian, West African
Misc: Serve hot
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I like my puff sweet; so you can reduce the sugar quantity if you like)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional) I love cinnamon in almost everything:)
- a pinch of salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons dry powdered instant yeast
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of warm water
- Oil (vegetable or canola)
generic levitra online As you might expect, there are natural ways to boost your libido. Qondio find these guys now tadalafil free articles unique worldwide 100 revenue no referrals qassia has just recently been renamed qondio and is undergoing somewhat of a mystery as to why the French could eat a high fat, high calorie diet and have a lower incidence of heart disease and live long healthy lives. This is so much a great problem and that can definitely hamper your nigh-time intimacy and thus it needs to be treated as soon as generika viagra cialis unica-web.com possible so that the situation does not mean happy, desirous, or that she wants or likes the abuse. This is a procedure that specifically involves viagra 25 mg https://www.unica-web.com/documents/patronageapplicationform.doc high energy gamma rays that are used to treat erectile dysfunction.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, yeast, sugar, spices, and salt together
- Begin adding the warm water into the mix slowly; mixing with your hands until the mix forms a smooth and consistent (it should not be too thick or watery) paste without lumps
- Cover the bowl with foil paper or a clean damp napkin in a warm place like an oven and let the dough rise for about 30mins-45mins once the dough has risen, it will have air bubbles in it
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop, scoop accutane order some batter; forming small balls and deep fry in hot vegetable oil; turn the balls occasionally until golden brown (People having different method of scooping the batter to form balls in their hands; use the method that gives you the best results or just use a deep hollow spoon)
- Place the balls on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Coat with granulated or icing sugar(optional) and serve with any drink of your choice
THINGS TO NOTE:
- To test if the oil is hot enough put a little quantity of batter into it. If it sizzles and instantly rises to the surface of the oil, then the oil is hot enough. If the oil is not hot enough, the batter will remain at the bottom of the pan and not rise up.If the oil is not hot enough, and you begin frying your batter, the balls will soak a crazy amount of oil even before they fry properly.
- If you are using instant yeast, then you dough will rise in about 30-45 minutes, but If you are using traditional yeast then your dough will rise in about 2-3hours. However, if you want to get really soft and fluffy balls, you could spare an extra 10 or 15 minutes to the normal rising time
- Reduce the heat of the cooker if the oil becomes too hot, or else the balls will turn brown quickly without being properly cooked on the inside
- If you want to have the balls fry properly on every side, you have to keep on turning them constantly
[…] Puff Puff […]