Yoghurt parfaits for breakfast anybody? Thanks to cooking school, I recently discovered this beauty called a “parfait ” and not only that, I found out that I could make it with plain old yoghurt. Well that is a plus for me, considering the fact that I never really do anything different with yoghurt and sometimes it actually goes bad in my fridge cause’ I forget it’s even there after I buy it.
Well, as we say in Naija,”tory done change”.After making this yoghurt parfait recipe, I’ve bought yogurt twice in a week and actually finished it long before the expiration date.I and Tgwe (my Mr) had it for breakfast and it’s now a new addition to our breakfast menu.
What makes the yoghurt parfait so alluring apart from the fact that it’s really easy to make is also the combination and texture of the ingredients in it. The smoothness of the yogurt complements the crunchy granola/nuts/cereal, and the flavours and juices of the fruit as well all go together to give a well rounded tasting experience. Oh, and the addition of scent leaves a.k.a. basil took the flavour to another level.
So if you willing and looking to add a new item to your menu,then this recipe is for you.Some extra points of attraction include:
- It’s easy and quick to prepare and doesn’t require any cooking technique.
- It’s a child friendly recipe; most childrem love colours in thier food and you can achieve that with this.Use any combination of fruits you want. I used pineapple,pear, and blueberries for this http://vhealthportal.com/product-category/antibiotics/ particular recipe.
- You can make it the night before. (except the granola or cereal will not be as crunchy as before)
- It has fruits for the healthy eater and you can use as much as you want.The recipe is not set in stone so feel free to adjust the ingredients and layer them in your glass or bowl as you so desire.
buy viagra wholesale Reduction in flow of blood to the male reproductive organ erected. Silagra is available in the market at 50% to 70% lower price than https://unica-web.com/members/suede.html viagra without prescription, but still is very effective in treating the ED. Many times anyone can take too much but it’s wrong, you should need to aware of the side effects the cheapest viagra take it as it is suggested as it is important for males to satisfy their females. A few cures are accessible nowadays buying viagra from canada for guys who’re encountering the signs and side effects of the drugs.
So here’s my recipe.
- 2 cups of plain non fat yoghurt (you can use flavoured yogurt)
- 1 cup of cereal or oats or granola or muesli or mixed nuts
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen fruits, peeled and sliced (you can use any combination of fruits that you want,for this recipe, I used pineapple, pear, and blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (you don’t need the honey if you use sweetened yoghurt)
- Fresh herbs like scent leaf, basil, mint etc. for garnishing, optional
- Add the honey to the plain yoghurt and mix well.
- In a clean tall glass cup, layer 1/2 cup of yoghurt at the bottom.Then place 1/4 cup fruits followed by 1/4 cup granola etc. Alternate the layers of fruits and granola/cereal etc with yoghurt until the glass is filled. Garnish with fresh herb leaves. Repeat the process for the second glass cup.
- Serve parfaits immediately to keep granola or cereal crunchy.
THINGS TO NOTE
- If you want to serve it as a dessert then substitute yogurt for ice cream
- If you don’t have granola you can use any crunchy cereal from Kellogs brand like mini-wheat, raisin bran, all bran etc.