When I think of tomato puree, I’m taken back to memories of my mum making her signature tomato stew in our kitchen. Wherever you were in the house, the aroma would somehow waft through the air and find its way to your nostrils….Now I/m hungry for rice and fresh stew with some plantains to go….
Tomato puree is a staple cooking ingredient in most Nigerian homes. The fresh blend of tomatoes, hot peppers (a.k.a atarodo), onions, and bell peppers (a.k.a tatashe) is the major component used in making jollof rice, tomato stew, and other soups like egusi. It can be made ahead of time and stored in your freezer until your are ready to use it. I prefer making my own tomato puree rather than buying the canned tomato puree.The tastes are totally different. Here is my method below, Enjoy:)
Yields: 2-3 cups
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Meal type: Recipe ingredient
- 5 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 large onions
- 1 large bell pepper or tatashe
- 1-2 scotch bonnet peppers or atarodo
- 3 garlic cloves
- a chunk of ginger
- 2 cups of water
If you have undergone some treatment, then do consult your doctor before using these tablets as patients of Heart problems, had a pelvic surgery, had a heart attack or kidney djpaulkom.tv discount cialis problem. 5. The problems can be viagra levitra online caused due to a number of sexual problems.1. It is often combined cheapest viagra prices with topical steroids to limit the irritation. A lot of men that have ended up using ED medicine usually cost of viagra do so as they are either older or completely out of the shape.
- A very sturdy blender
- Wash and clean all the ingredients
- Cut the tomatoes, peppers, and onions into chunks.
- Combine the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, and ginger and put half of the contents into the blender. Add a cup of water and blend for about 10 seconds; pause; then blend for another 10 seconds or until it forms a smooth paste. Repeat this process for the second half of the contents.
- Pour into a bowl,; use immediately or store in your freezer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.