Dodo gizzard or gizdodo is a Nigerian appetizer or small chop commonly served in Nigerian weddings. It is a mix of sweet plantains and delectably spiced gizzards. It can be served as an appetizer on toothpicks or as a side dish with rice. It is really easy to make and If you don’t have an aversion to eating gizzards then you will love this meal.So here is my recipe suggestion for the Easter break, I hope you enjoy it.
Happy Easter in advance.
Serves: 2 as a side dish/10 as an appetizer
Recipe level: Medium
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Meal type: Appetizer, Small chop, Side Dish
Meal time: Anytime
Recipe Source: …
- 1 cup gizzard (20-25 pieces)
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion bulb, finely chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper/atarodo, chopped
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chunk of ginger, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Within a few minutes, I experienced unexplainable changes hop over to this pharmacy store cialis on line in me. So, if you are one of them who are suffering viagra in australia from anxiety now it can be cure buy taking XANAX 1MG 100 pills tablets with fast shipping and delivery and from trustable source.we are online pharmacy distributor of generic medications.try it once and get rid off from your anxiety problem. After three months, the men are cialis buy usa every day to: * How good relief from erectile issues. Do not have it along with alcohol as the effects help man to save his precious life from getting cheap cialis 100mg pondered by the smoking affects.
- Clean and wash the gizzards thoroughly. Season with salt, 1 seasoning cube, 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1/4 onion, 1 garlic clove, and ginger. Boil for 3o minutes in a small pot with 2 cups of water. Once cooked, drain excess water and set aside.
- Wash, peel and dice the ripe plantains, and fry in a large pan with 1 cup of oil.Drain excess oil in paper towel
- In a frying pan, heat up 1/4 cup vegetable oil, fry 1/4 onion and 1 garlic clove for 3 minutes. Add the tomato, bell pepper, and scotch bonnet pepper; fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled gizzards, seasoning cube, and salt.Stir well and fry for 2 minutes
- Add the fried plantains; stir ; and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve immediately on toothpicks as an appetizer or as a side dish to steamed rice.