Butternut squash, the newest addition to my vegetable list.;)I don’t know why it took me so long to discover the beautiful vegetable.Thank God for cookbooks. I have come across squashes in the grocery stores a number of times, but I never cared to give them a second look, until now. So winter is practically over, but i still want to share this recipe with you. I discovered it a while ago and I have fallen in love with it. It has a great taste and is so easy to make. A number of my friends have tasted it as well and they loved it.
Serves: 6 (as a side dish)
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Meal type: Side Dish
Meal time: Anytime
Country/Region: North American
Source: Annual Recipes-BHG
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tbspn. melted butter
- 2 tspn. curry powder
- 2 tspn. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tspn. salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes, about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup light cream. optional
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro/coriander, chopped, optional
Reviewing all the factors levitra on line such as severity of the condition. It generic cialis pills is better to consult a doctor for the exact dosage intake. Heart issues where the inner walls of the arteries gets thickened and due to buy sildenafil cheap thought about this this they cannot supply blood to the penile area and thus become responsible for erectile dysfunction. What does Kamagra jelly do? Kamagra jelly UK, has as its ingredient a compound known as Sildenafil (100 mg) the same ingredient used in cialis 5mg sale , which helps maintain a strong erection and strong penetrative sex.
- In a large pot, cook onion in butter over medium heat for 10 minutes or until translucent. Stir in curry powder, ginger, and salt. Cook 30 seconds more.
- Stir in water; bring to boil. Add squash;return to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer, covered , 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Cool soup slightly/ Transfer half the soup at a time to a blender or food processor.Blend until smooth..
- Return soup to pot. Stir in milk and chopped cilantro. Heat for about 2 minutes.
Serve and top with fresh cilantro and bread crumbs. You can have this soup as a meal on it’s own or served with bread.
This soup looks delicious. Thanks for the post.
The Old Fat Giy
Hi David,thanks. It tastes delicious as well. Thank you for connecting. I look forward to seeing more posts on your blog.