I just had this for dinner last night and I will be making this again. It is definitely one of those meals that fall into my “happy meals” recipe book…lol. I wanted to make something light and fresh for dinner and while looking through one of my cookbooks, I came across a “Tilapia & Watercress-Mango Salad”. I have never had watercress before, and I did not have tilapia at home, however, I had fresh cod fillet and a fresh batch of baby arugula leaves that I had picked up from a grocery store on Friday.
Mind you, I had never used or even eaten arugula leaves before, but after tasting it and seeing the way this recipe came out, it has now become one of my favorite leaves to use for fresh salads. The strong spicy taste of the arugula, and sweetness of the fresh mango complimented the cod fillet perfectly. This recipe is very easy and quick to make and I recommend it for any day that you have little time to spend in the kitchen.
So here’s my recipe
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Meal type: Main course
Meal time: Light Dinner
Recipe source: Kauna Kitchen revamped
- 2 fresh cod fillets (you could use tilapia fillets instead of cod also)
- 3 cups fresh arugula leaves (washed and drained)
- 1/2 of a mango (skinned and cut into small cubes)
- 1/4 of a red onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated/minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped scotch bonnet pepper/atarodo
- 1 seasooning cube
- Salt, to taste
- White/Black peppet, to taste
For humans, it is much more than just a means of reproduction. no prescription viagra http://www.icks.org/html/04_publication.php?cate=SPRING%2FSUMMER+2013 You are advised to consume Shilajit ES capsule daily two times with water or milk for four to six months for the best results. levitra prescription Generic cialis 5mg price an active element tadalafil which helps for enhancing the erection and long term duration of the period as there are many treatments available for those of you suffering with ED. Luckily, treating ED has turned out to be simple now inferable from the different medications and meds that prescription de viagra are promptly accessible.
- Slice each cod fillet into half (This will make it easier to fry the fillet without them breaking apart); Season the fillets with some salt, white/black peper, 1/2 a teaspoon of grated/minced ginger, and the seasoning cube
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add both halves of one cod fillet and cook until lightly browned for 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat for the other halves of the second fillet
- Transfer the fillet pieces to a plate; set aside
- In a medium bowl combine the arugula leaves,mango cubes, and red onions
- In a small bowl,make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, grated/minced ginger, red pepper,salt and black/white pepper
- Divide the salad and cod fillets among plates and drizzle with the lemon dressing and enjoy your light, healthy, and delectable meal.
Arugula leaves eh. Sounds interesting already. What part of the World Is that from. Looks yummy
These recipes of yours makes one want to cook asap!! L-o-v-e your blog.
Please what’s the Nigerian name for arugula?
It’s not native to Nigeria and is a fairly new introduction to the Nigerian market so it goes by the Western name Arugula. That will be the same name used by any vendor selling it in Nigeria. It’s also called garden rocket.Check for it in big stores like Shoprite, Spar etc. You can also follow this link for more supplier info