So, to say welcome to Spring, I made this totally tasty soup “Coconut-Line Chicken soup”. I’m sure the idea of coconut and lime in a soup sounds bizarre to you, just as I had thought when I first saw the soup on the menu list in an Asian restaurant (they had it with shrimp instead of chicken), well, you would be as wrong as I was after I tasted the soup for myself. So, I decided to go a step further and make the soup and I am so glad I did. I also found a recipe in one of my cookbooks. The fusion of the sweetness from the coconut milk and the zing from the lime juice really gives this soup an interesting and pleasure evoking flavour.
For my blog family and friends back in Nigeria…Yes, you can make this soup, because you can find all the ingredients listed below in the market or supermarkets like Amigo, ShopRite etc. In fact, you have a better advantage getting fresh coconut milk since the African tropical climate favours the growth of coconut trees. However, we in the northern hemisphere, have to make do with canned coconut milk ( not the most healthy option) or make our coconut milk on those rare occasions that we find a fresh coconut. ( Here is my post on Homemade Coconut Milk ). This soup is really easy to make and quite healthy, especially when using fresh coconut milk.
So here is my modified version of the coconut-lime soup:
COCONUT LIME CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Meal Type: Soup
Meal Course: Appetizer or Main Dish
- 1 boneless chicken http://vhealthportal.com/product-category/blood-pressure/ breast or 2 boneless chicken backs, cut into very small pieces (1/2 inch or so)
- 2 tablespoons coconut, olive or vegetable oil
- 2-3 cups coconut milk or 1 (400ml can)(homemade or canned)
- 2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 cup lime juice (1 medium lime)
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 lime wedges for garnishing
- 8 leaves of fresh herbs like scent leaf, curry leaf or cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
This self sildenafil tablets in india awareness is going to be crucial to restoring sperm production. Not only that, but your cheap sildenafil tablets doctor would helped you avert an even bigger crisis. Upon approval, the patient’s doctor prescribed are going to be amerikabulteni.com levitra for sale online discussed often in your social life. Tadalafil is the active chemical component for the treatment of impotent men that works by stopping the production of enzyme that constricts the blood supply towards the cialis prescription male reproductive region.
1. In a small bowl season the chicken pieces with 1 seasoning cube, minced garlic, and a dash or two of ground hot or black pepper.
2. Heat oil in a medium-size pot; stir-fry onions for about 2 minutes; add chicken pieces and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes or till they are no longer pink in colour.
3. Add coconut milk, water, carrots, and seasoning cubes. Bring to boil; then reduce heat and simmer soup on medium heat for about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
4. Add lime juice and fresh herb leaves .Turn off heat and serve the soup immediately. Garnish with lime wedges.
Things To Note About This Recipe
1. The easiest way to make this recipe would be to combine all the ingredients at once and cook for about 10-15minutes or once the chicken is cooked.
2.The lime wedges should not be consumed; they only add extra flavour to the soup while you’re drinking it.
3.You can substitute chicken for beef, pork or shrimps.
4. If you want to make your own coconut milk at home; here’s my link for homemade coconut milk
[…] Coconut Lime Chicken Soup […]
[…] Coconut & Lime Chicken Soup […]